English French German Spain Italian Dutch Russian Portuguese Japanese Korean Arabic Chinese Simplified

Sunday, November 14, 2010

Shahrukh Khan is a powerful brand

Share This Post

The saleability of stars has always benefitted filmmakers. After all, that is the reason why stars come with such a huge price tag. However, an actor like Shah Rukh Khan is a class apart. Even movies that just feature his name in the title can draw a lot of attention irrespective of whether he is playing a significant role in it.

Recently Makrand Deshpande, who is promoting his upcoming film ‘Shahrukh Bola Khoobsurat Hai Tu’, came to witness the hype and hoopla that surrounds SRK. He says, “ I had booked a mall for the shooting of the movie. But when the mall authorities found out about the name of the movie, they hiked the price. I was surprised to see the impact of Shah Rukh’s name on my movie,” says Makrand. He further adds, “ From that day I realised the power of brand name.

Shah Rukh’s name itself is a powerful brand.” However, speaking about his brand choice, the director says, “ I don’t believe in flaunting brands. I lead a simple life I take or do whatever I like. I don’t go for branded stuff.” It remains to be seen how much impact the movie has on the box office though.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin