English French German Spain Italian Dutch Russian Portuguese Japanese Korean Arabic Chinese Simplified

Tuesday, August 05, 2008

Shah Rukh injures himself

Share This Post

Shah Rukh has hurt his neck on the sets of Rab Ne Bana Di Jodi, while doing a stunt scene. He’s taking a break now and isn’t sure when he will get back to work.

He has sent messages to Adi Chopra and Priyadrashan that he will get back to work when his health is okay.

When Mumbai Mirror contacted SRK regarding his smoking issues, he said, “Someone from the press asked me if I plan to quit smoking and I said ‘I want to’, like most people do. But, it’s not national news! It’s something that I have been intending to do for a very long time. My wife (Gauri) and children have always been against my smoking and I too want to quit. But it’s not that easy after all.

It’s definitely not like I have given up smoking yet, but I am certainly trying. Now if people see me smoking they will only think that I have gone back to smoking after giving it up, which is not the case at all.”

“I hope I quit smoking soon as I’d love to see myself acting with my grandchildren,” added SRK.
Earlier, when Health Minister Anbumani Ramadoss asked SRK to learn from Aamir Khan and quit smoking, the actor had defended on-screen smoking saying it was a creative liberty.

SRK’s decision is bound to make Ramadoss happy. “The fact that one more person is going to be happy because of my decision to quit smoking makes me more happy,’’ added SRK in the interview.

SRK, who is in Pollachi for the shooting of Billoo Barber, being directed by Priyadarshan said he had taken the decision to quit smoking during a recent foreign trip. He said that he did not feel like smoking during the 17 hours he spent in the flight, nor did he feel restless without a cigarette.

SRK had started smoking when he was 22 years old. He has been smoking for almost 20 years now. Although old habits die hard, SRK hopes that he will soon quit smoking even though it’s difficult.

Ashwini Deshmukh & Gladwin Emmanuel, Mumbai Mirror

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin