English French German Spain Italian Dutch Russian Portuguese Japanese Korean Arabic Chinese Simplified

Monday, August 04, 2008

King Khan Decides to Quit Smoking

Share This Post

Health minister Anbumani Ramdadoss might have failed to inspire Bollywood actor Shah Rukh Khan to quit smoking, but his children have certainly done that.

Talking to the Malayalam daily from his latest location in Pollachi in Tamil Nadu, where he is shooting for a new film directed by Priyadarshan, the Bollywood superstar has said, that he is all set to completely quit smoking in the next two-months for the sake of his children.

“I am going to quit smoking for the sake of my children,” a Malayalam daily quoted him as saying.

He added, “They hate me smoking. I find that as a blessing in disguise. If they had no problems, I would have continued smoking.”

Health Minister Anbumani Ramadoss had earlier appealed to Shah Rukh Khan and other actors to quit smoking onscreen.

However, King Khan chose creative liberty to 'no smoking'.

“I agree with what Mr Ramadoss said. Having said that as filmmakers we should have creative liberties because cinema is all about make believe,” Shah Rukh Khan said.

Ramadoss had also said, that Shah Rukh should not have smoked in the stands while watching a cricket match in Mumbai.

“I think minister Anbumani Ramadoss will also be happy to hear that I am going to quit smoking. Nothing gives me more pleasure than to see one more person happy because of my actions,” Shah Rukh said.

IBN Live

1 comments:

Anonymous August 5, 2008 at 9:35 AM  

shahrukh quit smoking. aamin to that.

Post a Comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin