English French German Spain Italian Dutch Russian Portuguese Japanese Korean Arabic Chinese Simplified

Sunday, October 14, 2007

SRK apologises for caricaturing politicians

Share This Post

Bollywood actor Shahrukh Khan has described politics as “one of the most self-sacrificing kind of jobs” and apologised on behalf of the film industry for having “caricatured” politicians in movies.

In an interaction at the Hindustan Times leadership summit here, he said: “I think running a country, a state or a small kasbah requires a lot of selflessness. And I am really too business-oriented to be selfless,” Mr. Khan said responding to a question on whether he intended to join politics.

“I apologise on behalf of the whole film industry that over the years we have caricatured politicians to be bad guys. I don’t think that’s true. And especially the younger guys who are joining politics,” he said.

In a lighter vein, he said he was “too selfish, too materialistic and capitalistic kind of a person to join politics. Second, I am too good looking.”

He then promptly added: “Rahul [Gandhi] is amazing looking. But I have a six-pack,” said Mr. Khan.

Asked whether it was true that some actors had been given amounts to the tune of Rs. 15 crore to work in films, he said he has never been offered that much money.
“I sell myself”

“I sell myself in endorsements, dancing, marriages and birthdays. Movies, I do those for free,” he joked.

He dubbed as media exaggeration stories about rivalry between him and superstar Amitabh Bachchan.

“Some of it is exaggerated. Like stories about rivalry between me and Mr. Bachchan,” Mr. Khan said.

PTI

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin