English French German Spain Italian Dutch Russian Portuguese Japanese Korean Arabic Chinese Simplified

Friday, August 31, 2007

"I need to enjoy what I am doing. I love the process of film making," Shah Rukh Khan

Share This Post

Congratulate him on the success of 'Chak De India' and he surprises you with, "I am glad it worked because sometimes I do films for his my own satisfaction like 'Paheli' and 'Swades', but they don't always work commercially," he says.

The actor reveals candidly, "I generally do films which are bound to be successful. But, once a year, I do one film for my own personal satisfaction as an actor. 'Chak De' was one such film and I am glad that it has worked."

However, it's not the flops that upset him. "It makes me very unhappy when people say I cannot act. Without wanting to sound pompous, if I have survived in this industry for 19 years, I must know something. I definitely can't be a fluke," he says.

Ask him who his favourite director is and he gets diplomatic, "I have worked with most established as well as new directors. I find everyone unique in some way of the other. I have enjoyed working with 90 percent of them. I am someone who is a complete slave to the director. However, I need to enjoy what I am doing. I love the process of film making," he says.

Shubha Shetty & Saha,DNA

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin