English French German Spain Italian Dutch Russian Portuguese Japanese Korean Arabic Chinese Simplified

Friday, August 31, 2007

Chak De 'Girls'

Share This Post

We met the nine girls at a city multiplex.

Nisha: I was elated to be chosen for the movie. Whoever wouldn’t be? But I could never imagine that the film will be such a huge success. The adulations, the fame — it’s come all of a sudden and at first I did not know how to handle this, but I am now going with the flow, taking one step at a time. What about you Sandia?

Sandia : I am living every moment of it. I am getting loads of attention and I am really appreciating it. See, it all depends on you. You could get irritated or you could just learn to live with it. But, to tell you the truth, I do not want a lot of fame... that could be a curse. What do you think Chonchon?

Chonchon :
You know, how in the movie Kabir Khan tells the girls to play their best game within the stipulated 70 minutes and how their lives will change after that. Kabir Khan was right. The movie has changed everything. It’s like a dream. It’s been a lot of hard work, but it was worth it.

Chitrashi : I am enjoying myself. If success has come to me, why wouldn't I make the most it? Even on the sets I used to get pampered by SRK. You girls used to tease me na ki main kaisi unki godi mein baith jaati thi. Haha! I had never thought of taking up acting, but now I am thinking. But, at the moment I am soaking in the experience of being loved so much.

Vidya : It was an honour for me to lead you girls. I have been a part of this glam world for long... I have been a model, done ads and films too. I think you girls are lucky. You have tasted success from the word go, but I know what it feels like to have success elude you. But Chak De! India has given me a different high. It’s so wonderful to be your Didi — onscreen and offscreen.

Shilpa : I am living it up. Wherever we are going people are coming up to me and saying how much they loved the movie and how we girls were so good. Yes, we are celebrating girl power. In fact, people have been telling me how jealous they are of me for having acted with SRK and for that scene where I try to seduce him. Imagine people being jealous of me! I hope to have many more ‘fame’ous moments.

Tanya : Now, that the movie has become a hit and people are recognising me, I am hoping to get a boyfriend. Boys are too scared of me. Mereko gussa itni jaldi aata hain na! And on top of that I am a judo player. I am hoping things will change now. Haha! But to tell you the truth I am enjoying myself. People are asking me to take up acting full time. Let’s see what kind of offer I get. But I plan to complete my studies first.

Arya : You know life is ironical. I was always scared of being mobbed and remember how in Australia people had surrounded me? I cried for help and look at us now. Well, to tell the truth, I am not handling fame well. But I am getting there. I am learning to be diplomatic and not being the spitfire that I usually am. SRK is a dream I admired him as an actor, but now I admire the man. He is so very humble!

Shubhi : I have been a choreographer, been an anchor, hosted events and I thought that I am qualified enough to handle fame. But the truth is that right now fame is handling me. I think that with Chak De! India, we have all become a team and we are helping each other out even when we are out on tours. My dream would be to host a Filmfare award with SRK and then I will ask my parents to look for a boy and settle down and have children (Laughs).

JayeetaGanguly, TimesofIndia

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin