English French German Spain Italian Dutch Russian Portuguese Japanese Korean Arabic Chinese Simplified

Monday, December 27, 2010

I feel nice when I meet Shah Rukh: Madhuri Dixit

Share This Post

Bollywood star Madhuri Dixit left people mesmerised with her sensuous dance moves. The actress starred in many hit films with the three Khans - Shah Rukh, Salman and Aamir. She speaks to CNN-IBN Entertainment Editor Rajeev Masand about her co-stars and dances.

Rajeev Masand: Madhuri you did hit films with Shah Rukh, Salman, and Aamir. I know you get along with them nicely. Even today they are all friends. Even then who you are closest to?

Madhuri Dixit: See, even between Salman, Aamir and Shah Rukh, I worked more with Shah Rukh. I don't know, there is a kind of affection we have for each other, a kind of respect as actors, an affection because we worked on the sets. So it's always lovely to meet him.

Rajeev Masand: He dropped at the sets recently.

Madhuri Dixit: Yes! He did.

Rajeev Masand: What was that meeting like?

Madhuri Dixit: Wonderful! That's what I told Shah Rukh - 'Why do I feel happy when I meet you?' I just feel nice. He is someone you can talk to on different topics and is always well informed and so is Aamir. But maybe because I have worked more with him.

Rajeev Masand: Since there is a national debate going on this, I have to get your opinion on this. Which one is a better dance - 'Munni badnam hui' or 'Sheila ki jawani'?

Madhuri Dixit: It is very hard to say which one is better because I think both of them have their own charm. 'Sheila ki jawani' is more of a western combined with the Indian contemporary beat whereas Munni is absolutely folksy. It has a lot of folk in it. It is very, very Indian, I enjoy both of them. I love both of them. It is wonderful.

Rajeev Masand: Young girls and actresses really have continuously and till today danced to your hit songs. They try to emulate your dance steps. What's the last Hindi film song that you saw on TV or that you heard, that you danced to at home or made up your own steps?

Madhuri Dixit: The last song which I saw and I enjoyed watching was 'Munni badman hui'. I really enjoyed the beat, they very folk kind of ethnicity that the song has and I really enjoyed that.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin