English French German Spain Italian Dutch Russian Portuguese Japanese Korean Arabic Chinese Simplified

Monday, March 15, 2010

Shahrukh Khan goes purple: Is he superstitious?

Share This Post

IPL 3 has commenced and Shahrukh khan is again all charged up about his team Kolkata Knight Riders. However, unlike the previous two editions, where his team jersey was a gold-n-black one, this time, SRK has gone purple. Since, the previous 2 seasons hadn’t seen great feats from KKR (who landed on the bottom rung in the last season), tongues are wagging that it’s superstition that has germinated this colour-changing decision on SRK’s mind.

However, dismissing these reports, SRK quips, “If I were superstitious, I would’ve changed it after the first year itself. I heard that the Indian team is superstitious, but I’m not. What is important for me is that the harder I work, the luckier I feel. We don’t want to depend on luck, but have a change of attitude.”

So, what made him zero in on purple? With a touch of wit that is synonymous with an energetic and enthusiastic Shahrukh, the ‘King Khan’ cites,

“Dada (Saurav Ganguly, captain of KKR) likes purple; my daughter feels I look good in purple. It’s a conspiracy between Dada and Juhi. We’ve changed everything. We want to leave everything behind and start afresh. Also, the girls like it. So, we will make money out of it, and the girls will be all on our side.”

And call it luck or destiny or superstition; the beginning has been good. The inaugural match saw KKR coming out victorious against the defenders Deccan Chargers……..

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin