English French German Spain Italian Dutch Russian Portuguese Japanese Korean Arabic Chinese Simplified

Thursday, February 11, 2010

I hope better sense prevails: Shah Rukh

Share This Post

Reacting to the Shiv Sena's continued opposition to the release of his latest film My Name Is Khan, Bollywood superstar Shah Rukh Khan has expressed hope that everything will turn out well.

"I hope everything works out well and better sense prevails," SRK said while addressing a press conference in Abu Dhabi, where the world premiere of My Name Is Khan was held on Wednesday.

The actor, who has attracted the Sena's ire for supporting the inclusion of Pakistani players in IPL 3, declined to speak at length about the controversy surrounding the release of his film in Mumbai. According to him, being away from India he was in no position to comment on a situation that was changing by the minute.

Shiv Sena leaders have threatened to disrupt the screening of My Name is Khan in Mumbai unless Shah Rukh apologises to party chief Balasaheb Thackeray for his comments. Earlier there were reports of some cinema halls in the city being attacked.

Shah Rukh once again reiterated that his statement about the inclusion of Pakistani players in the IPL was a 'normal stand'.

Besides Shah Rukh, his co-star Kajol and filmmaker Karan Johar were also present at the premiere of My Name Is Khan.

Talking about his reunion with Kajol after eight years, this is what Shah Rukh had to say, "Kajol has become more mature as an actor. Our films have brought us closer as friends."

"The most beautiful part about Kajol is her earnestness which hasn't changed at all even after so many years," he added.

According to SRK, a lot of hard work has gone into My Name is Khan. "I have never done as much research for any character as I have done for my role in My Name is Khan. I read books, and took note of every gesture that people suffering from Asperger Syndrome make. Besides that, a lot of inputs were provided by Karan and Shivani," he said.

Asked if he saw himself bagging a National Award for the film, Shah Rukh claimed acting was a 'spiritual experience' for him. "Acting has to be free from all considerations. Acting is spiritual experience. Khan is a high spiritual experience for me. I will be rewarded anyway. Yes, I have space in my library for a National Award. And I promise you before I finish I'll keep one there or steal one," he said.

The film sees SRK play a man suffering from Asperger Syndrome, who is mistaken for a terrorist post 9/11 and undertakes a long journey across the US to prove his innocence to the love of his life, played by Kajol. It was a story that became uncomfortably real for Shah Rukh when he was detained last year at an American airport, reportedly because of the Khan in his name.

At the premiere, Karan Johar spoke about his experience of working with such close friends as Shah Rukh and Kajol. "Sometimes it is tough directing friends, but they both respect me as a director. They knew that I knew my film and I knew that they would deliver their best. I don't remember any occasion when we had an argument or things turned ugly on the sets," said the 37-year-old filmmaker.

Kajol, who had fallen and hurt herself while shooting for My Name is Khan, clearly didn't let the small mishap dampen her spirits. "No one cared for me when I fell down. In fact Karan was clapping" she said in a lighter vein.

He hadn't exactly been Kajol's best buddy on that occasion, Shah Rukh admitted: "We went to her and pushed her down again!"

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin