English French German Spain Italian Dutch Russian Portuguese Japanese Korean Arabic Chinese Simplified

Monday, January 04, 2010

Shahrukh Khan – ” My Name is Khan’s ” director Karan Johar silences his accusers

Share This Post


Karan Johar’s magnum opus ‘My Name is Khan’ that re-unites the mega hit pairing of Shahrukh Khan-Kajol is ready for hitting the theatres on Valentine’s Week (12th February). Karan has often been hurled with allegations of not exploring beyond SRK. In a recent interview, K. Jo gets candid to silence his critics.

“I have been accused of not launching new actors. I have done better than that, I have launched new directors. I want to know how many companies do that. I cast according to the role. I am accused of casting SRK all the time. I say why not? He is one of the hugest stars in the country, one of the best actors we have. He has a great comfort zone with me, and he is accessible, affable and amiable to me. I would be really stupid not to constantly leverage that,” he clarifies.

Hmm……… a good defence! So, why didn’t he cast SRK in ‘Dostana’? Is it because the ‘King Khan’ didn’t wanna play a gay-kind-of-a-role? Post your responses.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin