English French German Spain Italian Dutch Russian Portuguese Japanese Korean Arabic Chinese Simplified

Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Shah Rukh takes IPL defeats on himself

Share This Post


Bollywood superstar and Kolkata Knight Riders (KKR) principal owner Shah Rukh Khan on Monday said he hated losing and he had let down Kolkatans earlier by his team’s performance.

"I regret losing. With all honesty, I'm saying that I regret for having let down the people of Kolkata,” he said here during his visit to cheer the new players of the team.

“I don't owe them anything and they don't expect anything from me. But for the love they have showered on us, we should have done better,” he said.

"We did not go about it the right way. I think I let down the side,” he said taking failure on his inability to make the KKR as cohesive team earlier.

“I would like to take the responsibility,” he said. "Somewhere down the line, I think a lot of decisions were taken by me or I was at least part of some of it. Maybe a lot of things with lack of knowledge about how things should be done in a new format like Twenty20," the actor said.

The superstar breezed into the city Monday to meet the players at the franchise’s ongoing training camp.

“I am just here to meet the young boys. We just want to meet all of them or else we don't get a chance to meet all of them. There's lot of new Indian boys,” SRK told reporters.

He also had a discussion over the team with KKR captain Saurav Ganguly and bowling coach Wasim Akram at Calcutta Cricket & Football Club (CCFC) here.

Asked how many international players will play for KKR in IPL 3, Shah Rukh said: “The decision will be taken by 17-18. We have so many prospects. We will also get clearer picture about the availability of the international players.”

“We want to wait till the last minute so that we know who is available. Of course, Dada (Sourav Ganguly) will decide if we need to go for a player in the auction.” According to media reports, SRK will attend a get-together with his team at a city hotel before leaving Kolkata Monday night.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin