English French German Spain Italian Dutch Russian Portuguese Japanese Korean Arabic Chinese Simplified

Tuesday, January 26, 2010

My Name Is Khan came to Niranjan Iyengar accidentally

Share This Post


My Name Is Khan is indisputably the most-awaited movie of the year. The music of the movie is already creating waves all-over especially ‘Sajda’ sung by the melodious Rahat Fateh Ali Khan and Richa Sharma.

Nonetheless, the lyrical beauty of the song can’t be ignored either and due credit goes to Niranjan Iyengar who was recently appreciated for ‘Shukran Allah’ (Kurbaan). Another song titled 'Noor E Khuda’ has been penned down by this talented lyricist.

However, My Name Is Khan didn’t come easily in his kitty. Adds Niranjan, “I never gave a serious thought to the career as a lyricist. And My Name Is Khan fell in my kitty accidentally. I had written lyrics for My Name Is Khan much before Kurbaan.”

Niranjan goes on to add,” I used to have frequent discussions with Karan Johar over the lyrics. And one fine day KJO called me to write dummy lyrics for a song which turned out to be ‘Sajda’. The lyrics were liked by one and all and that’s when I was officially appointed as a lyricist.”

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin