English French German Spain Italian Dutch Russian Portuguese Japanese Korean Arabic Chinese Simplified

Thursday, August 20, 2009

This kind of publicity won't help our film: Karan Johar

Share This Post

Recently, SRK was detained in the US and it was called a publicity stunt for My Name is Khan. Karan says, "I am appalled that people are calling it a publicity stunt! The film is releasing early next year, so how does it make sense to publicize it from now?

I think people who are insinuating that it's a publicity stunt lack the intelligence and vision to back their statement. And am I powerful enough to get the US security to help me promote my film? I have gone through three emotions - shock, indifference and amusement.

This kind of publicity won't help our film. MNIK is about the protagonist Rizwan Khan (Shah rukh) and we are trying to build that character. It's not about Shah Rukh's detainment. Lastly, Shah Rukh, Kajol and Dharma Productions don't need to resort to such tools to promote their film. I feel sorry for such people who think it's a stunt. God bless such people."

1 comments:

Unknown August 21, 2009 at 8:30 AM  

Well said Karan. Neither you, SRK or Kajol need cheap publicity. This is the work of those who are jelous of SRK, & You. YYOU KNOW WHO!!!

Post a Comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin