English French German Spain Italian Dutch Russian Portuguese Japanese Korean Arabic Chinese Simplified

Thursday, April 23, 2009

I cry when KKR loses: SRK

Share This Post

Bollywood superstar and Kolkata Knight Rider co-owner Shah Rukh Khan says his involvement with the Knight Riders team is intense and that he cries on nights when they lose.

"I feel disturbed when things go wrong, I cry when my films go wrong, and even here at the IPL I cry very, very often," King Khan said.

He said his fans in Kolkata should realise that "compared to movies, more things can go wrong in cricket." He asked for their patience, saying that "my dream is to come to Kolkata on a barge and bring the cup with me."

For that to happen, he said, the team needed "ten crore positive sentiments from all the Bongs and Bengalis out there."

He said he would even give new steps for his team's 'Korbo, Lorbo, Jeetbo' war cry. But "along the way if we go wrong, please pray for us," he said.

SRK said that he received "strange hate mail for decisions that he took for the team," and that he would like at some point to "go to each house and explain" what he was doing. He said "it's not unfair for fans to expect that, as professionals, we do well all the time," but they must also understand that there would be win and loss in a sport, "much more than in a movie."

Of the emotional nature of Kolkata's people he said: "Kolkatans are lovers one night and angry men on others."

Having dropped Sourav as his captain, SRK batted for him by saying that "Dada was always hot."

"Instead of bad-ass, I'm going to rename him Dad-ass" he quipped.

"I want everyone who has derided him to know that he's the greatest player in the country and the greatest player in the team," said SRK. He praised his other star batsman Chris
Gayle, saying that he had a deal with him to lose as many balls as he could outside the park.

Talking of the Bollywood babes in the IPL, Preity and now also Shilpa, SRK said that he loved women and would not fight them. "My son does that because he's young enough to do that," he said. "but if they were guys I would set them right. I don't fight with girls."

He pointed out that both Shilpa and Preity had debuted in Bollywood opposite him.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin