English French German Spain Italian Dutch Russian Portuguese Japanese Korean Arabic Chinese Simplified

Friday, February 13, 2009

Shah Rukh loves to talk of life rather than his films

Share This Post

Shah Rukh Khan was recently out on a promotional event for ‘Billu’, and talked at length about the film, and of course – himself. Never once leaving his double-barbed wit, the Bollywood superstar answered well aimed questions with dexterity acquired through years of practice.

Addressing the media and public, the winsome charmer won hearts saying, “I am here because I want you to join me in the party, and have a good time. I am glad you all have turned up. I love spending time with you. Don’t you like spending the whole day with me? I would love to spend the night also with you, but that would be contrary to familial peace.”

When questioned about his presence at the promotional event when the central character of the film happened to be Irrfan Khan, he said, “I am promoting the film because I have a long enough role in the movie. I am a part of the movie.”

The movie has three item songs with top-notch Bollywood actresses shaking their legs opposite King-Khan. When the topic was brought up Shah Rukh faced it clarifying, “Why should a movie be a hit if there are three item songs in it? It does not work that way, we look at the story, the script, not the songs. Agreed that there is one song that looks a bit superfluous, but that was needed to be filmed on Lara.” Not missing a beat, he added, “Call the film whatever you like, ‘Billu’ or ‘Ullu’, but do watch it!”

But the most interesting part came when he hit a well aimed snide at Amitabh Bachchan. Knowing well that Big B freely uses his blog to talk of his films, and even uses pictures of the shootings and locations on his blog, Shah rukh said, “When I am out promoting my film, and interacting with people, I like to talk about life, and not about the film’s songs or sets or locations. I like to talk of life and everyday matters that interest all of us.”

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin