English French German Spain Italian Dutch Russian Portuguese Japanese Korean Arabic Chinese Simplified

Friday, December 26, 2008

I am still a man of the masses: SRK

Share This Post

Named in Newsweek’s 50 Most Powerful People of the World list, Shah Rukh Khan says, “I think 1.2 billion Indians deserve to be there before I make it on this list.” He is “humbled”, he says, and also realises “the power of Indians and Asians around the world… that just by their love for my work, they have changed the perception of an Indian actor around the world.”

Talking to HT City from the US, where he is shooting for My Name is Khan, SRK said, “I landed in America and woke up to this news. It feels surreal and amazing to me.” He maintains that he is ‘just a representative’ of the masses. “Newsweek feels I stand for all those billion people… so actually I believe I am just a representative of all of us.”

The actor has a unique definition of power: “Power means to be able to live a life of happiness on your own terms. It means to make people smile around you at will and to be unaffected by the negativity around you.”

On Sonia Gandhi, the other Indian on the list, he says, “Her and her family’s sacrifices in the line of duty make her most deserving… a lone woman in an alien land doing so much for her country.”

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin