English French German Spain Italian Dutch Russian Portuguese Japanese Korean Arabic Chinese Simplified

Friday, November 21, 2008

SRK postponed BILLOO BARBER due to Ghai!

Share This Post

There have been different reasons attributed to the postponement of Shah Rukh Khan's home banner productions, BILLOO BARBER (BB), starring Irrfan Khan in the title role and SRK in an extended special appearance. Some say that Shah Rukh postponed the film as he feared a clash with Salman Khan's YUVVRAAJ. Others were of the view that the flopping of KUSELAN (remake of KADHA PARAYAMBOL of which BILLOO BARBER too is a remake) led to its delay. Well, we can only laugh at the propagators of the above illogical reasons, as these can only be termed as canards and we bring you the real reason straight from none other than Subhash Ghai, the director of YUVVRAAJ.

Says Ghai in his latest interview to a leading bi–monthly, "My distributor called me to say that he wanted to release YUVVRAAJ on November 21. So, I messaged Shah Rukh and he immediately called me back. I told him – Since BILLOO BARBER was supposed to release around Diwali, I had planned to release YUVVRAAJ three weeks later. But now I hear you are releasing your film on the same date. Shah Rukh assured that there would be no clash saying – Subhashji, your film is my film and my film is yours. And very gracefully I think he has postponed the release of the film for me."

So, that is the exact situation and in a way it has given SRK and Priyadarshan additional time to add the condiments in forms of additional dance numbers featuring top Bollywood hotties, as we have already told you.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin