English French German Spain Italian Dutch Russian Portuguese Japanese Korean Arabic Chinese Simplified

Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Runaway Pak teen is upset with Shah Rukh

Share This Post

Nasir is disappointed the Bollywood actor did not save him imprisonment

ISLAMABAD: Nasir Sultan, the 15-year-old runaway Pakistani teenager, is upset that his reel-life hero Shah Rukh Khan did not come to his rescue. While his hopes of getting into Bollywood have gone for a toss, Nasir says he has returned home with an unforgettable lesson — never chase fantasies.

Speaking to mediapersons at his home in Dir district of the NWFP, Nasir said Main Hoon Na was his favourite Shah Rukh Khan film. But unlike in the film, his hero did not come to his rescue, which is why he is disappointed.

Asked if he ever wants to go to India if granted a visa and he retorted: “Never. I will not go to India even if I was offered a chance to study there.”

Acknowledging his blunder (of crossing the border) Nasir fondly remembered the staff of the juvenile home and the investigating officers, who he said were “kind and co-operative”.

Barring two slaps that he got on his face for crossing the border, Nasir said he was not subjected to any torture here. “I was given gifts and a warm see-off from India.

Everyone in the juvenile home felicitated me on my release but another child, Sunil, who hails from Pakistani Punjab, was crying,” he said.

Grateful to Indian authorities for freeing him from captivity, Nasir resolved never to illegally cross the border again.

“I have learnt a lot from the blunder I committed. Now, I have decided to focus on my education,” he said.

In August, Nasir set out for school one morning, but later ditched his schoolbag by the roadside and illegally crossed into India.

The three-month detention in another country has brought about drastic changes in his thinking and approach. His craze for Bollywood has changed into a strong desire for education. “I want to resume my education to succeed in life,” he said.

“I would request all parents to stop their children from wasting time watching movies and build castles in the air. I was lucky to be back after three months. Others have been languishing in the jail for years,” he added.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin