English French German Spain Italian Dutch Russian Portuguese Japanese Korean Arabic Chinese Simplified

Sunday, October 12, 2008

Long wait to see Shah Rukh

Share This Post



Bollywood's biggest star does not disappoint, walking into packed crowd to thank them for support Addressing the crowd at the Zee Carnival, Shah Rukh Khan said thank you "from the bottom of my heart", vowing to come back and do a full show "for all you wonderful people of Singapore".

Some fans came at 9am even before the doors opened at 11am. And they waited till 4pm before India's biggest star, Shah Rukh Khan, showed up at the Zee Carnival at Suntec City yesterday.

Togged in sunglasses, a light-grey shirt which showed a bit of his toned chest, and black trousers, he went up on stage and danced to the music of his hit film Om Shanti Om's theme music.

'You make me feel very loved, very important. I want to thank you all from the bottom of my heart,' Khan, 42, said, to loud shrieks from the audience.

The lifestyle event presented by Zee TV, an Indian network, had drawn at least 10,000 people by the evening.

When the actor made an unscripted move by walking into the packed crowd, people went wild.

'I've been working for 20 years and God has been kind to me. Now, I want to meet the people who have made me what I am,' he said.

That pleased fans like housewife Farah Najria, 23. Together with her mother, aunt, brother, sister and nephew, she had waited at Suntec City since 9am.

'I didn't mind waiting, I am such a huge fan. I am happy I have been able to see him,' she said.

Khan made sure everyone went home happy when he said: 'It has been a while since I last performed here. I'll come back and do a full show for all you wonderful people of Singapore.'

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin