English French German Spain Italian Dutch Russian Portuguese Japanese Korean Arabic Chinese Simplified

Tuesday, August 19, 2008

SRK-Farah's 'Happy New Year' in 2009

Share This Post

Farah Khan just can’t seem to get enough of leading a busy life. After directing Om Shanti Om and delivering triplets, she is ready to make her next film, Happy New Year. When she had made Om Shanti Om, the buzz was that she had only changed the film’s title from Happy New Year to Om Shanti Om.

But those were just rumours, as Farah is now ready to finally make Happy New Year. The film is likely to go on the floors in 2009 and will be produced by Shah Rukh and Gauri Khan’s Red Chillies Entertainment. Red Chillies recently re-registered the title, Happy New Year.

Farah confirmed and said, “Yes, I am finally going ahead with Happy New Year. We have made some changes in the earlier script. The truth is, I wanted to make Happy New Year before Om Shanti Om, but I wasn’t ready with the script then. Om Shanti Om’s script fell into place and things started to roll. So we made Om Shanti Om first.”

Needless to say, Shah Rukh will play the central character in the film. However, Farah did not reveal any more names for the film’s star cast. “I plan to have an interesting cast along with Shah Rukh. But, I still haven’t decided how many of the actors will be established and how many will be newcomers,” said Farah.

Farah added, “The first half of the script for Happy New Year is ready. Shirish (her husband) has helped me a lot with the film’s script.”

So what is Happy New Year about? “Oh well, I can’t say much about the film at this point of time. But yes, it will be my kind of cinema. I don’t want to prove a point to anybody. Happy New Year will be a commercial entertainer,” she said.

Farah is currently busy completing the script in her sprawling house at Seven Bungalows, Versova. “I am not going to exotic places to write the story. And while I am busy with the script, I am concentrating on my babies too,” Farah laughed and added.

Talking about her routine after she gave birth to triplets - Anya, Diva, Czar- six months ago, Farah says that she has not alienated herself from friends and relatives.

“I catch up with Shah Rukh and Karan (Johar) often. Recently, Shah Rukh was shooting at Yash Raj Studios and I dropped by to visit him with Anya, Diva and Czar in tow. Of course, I had also taken three of my maids, who I have for my kids. It was good fun,” said Farah.

Later this week, Farah will choreograph a dance number featuring Abhishek Bachchan, Priyanka Chopra and John Abraham for Karan Johar’s upcoming film, Dostana. She said, “Karan wanted me to do a song in Dostana. Moreover, I had promised Tarun Mansukhani (Dostana’s director) that I will choreograph a song in the first film which he will direct.”

The shoot will last for five-six days. “In fact, Karan made a very sweet offer to have a huge vanity van for me, with all the facilities, so that I can take my babies along with me. But they’ll remain at home. I’ll reach the sets by 10.30 am and leave by 6 pm every day,” added Farah.

Vickey Lalwani, Mumbai Mirror

1 comments:

Anonymous November 1, 2008 at 10:11 PM  

Good news
I hope Dharamji gets a role that was to go to big B.
That would be ineresting to seen Dharamji & SRK together for the first time.

Post a Comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin