English French German Spain Italian Dutch Russian Portuguese Japanese Korean Arabic Chinese Simplified

Friday, May 23, 2008

“SRK is not my backslapping buddy,”says Karan Johar

Share This Post

You go all out for Shah Rukh Khan. Recently, you came back all the way from Miami to attend his first IPL match and postponed your own film to accommodate Aditya Chopra's film with SRK.
Yes. But isn't that a given in any friendship? Shah Rukh is like family for me. I'm quite petrified of Shah Rukh and he knows it. He is not my backslapping buddy. His wife Gauri is the one who is more of a friend. She's the one I can say, ‘Oh, Shut up!’ to but even in my wildest dreams, I can't imagine telling SRK to shut up.

But, will SRK do as much for you as you do for him?
I want to reach a point where I don't expect anything in return. I have full faith in my relationships and believe that they will never disappoint me.

So, no more formula-based films from you?
My Name Is Khan is an exciting project. For the first time, I'm directing a film that has characters and situations I'm not familiar with. I think I'm the wrong man to direct this film.

So who do think should be directing My Name Is Khan?
Mani Ratnam, Rakeysh Mehra or Raju Hirani but certainly not me. But, I'm hundred per cent sure I can pull it off.

Can you ever make a film without Shah Rukh Khan?
I wouldn't like to think about it. Of course it can happen. One can never predict where life will take us...

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin