English French German Spain Italian Dutch Russian Portuguese Japanese Korean Arabic Chinese Simplified

Tuesday, March 11, 2008

SRK and Nik do not tick

Share This Post

While Nikhil says, ‘Shah Rukh is family’, King Khan brushes off their association as ‘a small thing that my office did’

Shah Rukh Khan and his protégé (self-proclaimed at that!) Nikhil Dwivedi have had a fallout. Certain B-Towners claim it was inevitable with the newcomer going overboard about his close links to SRK.

It is learnt that King Khan has been voicing his displeasure about him openly. SRK is peeved at the manner in which Nikhil flouted his connection to garner mileage. The newcomer, who was once a permanent fixture at Mannat, is no longer a part of the inner circle.

The SRK connection>>>

Nikhil made his debut in E Niwas’ My Name Is Anthony Gonsalves, which proved to be a dud. But more than his film, his links with Shah Rukh Khan became a talking point.

SRK’s Red Chillies Productions was the line producer of My Name Is Anthony Gonsalves and Nikhil declared that King Khan put the project together because of their association dating to Videocon, for which Dwivedi worked; and SRK was brand ambassador.

Among other things>>>

Delusions Of Grandeur: Nikhil Dwivedi
Says an insider, “What put Shah Rukh off was the fact that among the many things Nikhil went around talking about was a fictitious trip with SRK to Ajmer, where a fakir told him that he would be famous!

In reality, the incident happened to SRK and it is mentioned in Mushtaq Shiekh’s book, Still Reading Khan.

Also, SRK is a very humble man and was disappointed with Nikhil’s starry statements in the media. Nikhil also behaved badly with some people close to SRK, making matters worse.”

However Nikhil denies any rift with King Khan, “Shah Rukh is and will always remain family.

This is the first time I have heard about Shah Rukh being upset with me. It is very silly.

I spoke to Shah Rukh this morning. You need to check this out with him,” says Nikhil who will be seen in four films this year.

SRK’s reaction to his fallout with Nikhil>>>>>

Says Shah Rukh Khan, “Oh God! How small can I be? I am hoping to build the greatest studio in the world. I dream of winning the Oscar for my country.

I want my son to be the most educated man in the world. I hope for my daughter the greatest gift of art that God can bestow upon her.

I want to change the lives of at least three people in my lifetime who come in touch with me. Do you think I will be thinking about line producing a film etc?

I didn’t even know my office was doing it for Nikhil. My office takes such decisions on their own because they know I would never question a good deed by them.

These kind of stories make me feel and think small.”

Author: Shaheen Parkar | Source: Mid-Day

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin