English French German Spain Italian Dutch Russian Portuguese Japanese Korean Arabic Chinese Simplified

Thursday, February 07, 2008

Shah Rukh Khan: The Return of the London King

Share This Post

“I don’t like America; I love London as I feel at home there,” Shah Rukh Khan gushed when I asked him why he visits the British capital so frequently. “People say English people are very cold and not friendly but I find them amazingly warm,” Khan added. His British fans will get a chance to meet the superstar yet again when he attends the Zee TV Carnival in London next week. Khan is excited about his return: “I love walking in London and meeting the people.”

“To me London is the hub of the world and anyone doing well there is a top notch achiever to me,” Khan stated. “I am not talking about Mr Mittal or Monty Panesar but about every Indian, Pakistani, and Sri Lankan who is there. I love the fact that another country like England has opened its arms and invited us with so much love.” Is he planning on moving to his beloved city? There are rumours that he has bought a house in the trendy Primrose Hill suburb. “We are not allowed to buy a house in London but I am planning to open an office there to start making films with English technicians,” Khan revealed.

The King Khan remains in the news. After dominating the big screen for over a decade, Khan has decided to further conquer the small screen. After hosting the Indian version of Who wants to be a Millionaire, he has just signed up to a new TV show. Khan will host the Indian version of the US reality show Are you smarter than a 5th grader, in which adult contestants will be grilled on subjects by bright kids.

Anil Sinanan, Times Bollywood Film Critic - Times Online

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin