English French German Spain Italian Dutch Russian Portuguese Japanese Korean Arabic Chinese Simplified

Saturday, February 09, 2008

I Like Women, I Love Them: Shah Rukh Khan

Share This Post

Bollywood’s leading super star Shah Rukh Khan will speak his mind on a host of issues on CNN International’s “Revealed” this Saturday.

Shah Rukh will talk about his latest home production “Om Shanti Om”, along with his aspirations for himself and the Hindi film industry. The programme will go behind the scenes with the debonair actor moving to the final dance sequences of his hit movie with Deepika Padukone.

Shah Rukh feels that Indian films are not merely confined to the entertainment bracket. “Indian cinema is about life and that’s why I think it has survived as the largest film industry. And that’s why actors are considered special because people think that we have been chosen by God. But we are not; that’s how people see us,” he says.

Speaking about his role model status for millions of people across the globe, Shah Rukh says: “It’s crazy because people don’t know what I am like in my personal life or how bad or good I am, but they see me as a nice guy on screen. We believe in our cinema and we believe that it reflects reality and gives us hope at the same time.”

Upbeat about the enthusiastic response to his film “Chak De India”, Shah Rukh says it was made from the heart. “The film is very lucky because now it has a cult following in India and women are loving it. I always do one film every one and a half years on women and empowerment. I like women, I love them, somebody should speak for them, because I’m a romantic hero and I have been brought up by women -- by my mother, my sister, my wife, I have a daughter and my best friends are girls.”

Madhur Tankha, Hindu.com

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin