English French German Spain Italian Dutch Russian Portuguese Japanese Korean Arabic Chinese Simplified

Friday, February 15, 2008

Are you Smarter Than a Fifth Grader ?

Share This Post

Not that King Khan had gone anywhere, but he’s making a comeback on the telly with another show, which comes after the super successful Kaun Banega Crorepati. This time, Shah Rukh Khan will be the host for Star Plus’ new game show Kya Aap Paanchvi Pass Se Tez Hain, which will be on air later this year. An Indian adaptation of a hit Fox TV quiz show, that’s doing well in over 50 countries, Khan explained the concept with some witty repertoire at the launch in Delhi. “Main dil say khud baccha hi hoon (At heart, I am a also a child),” said Khan, who rode a bicycle to the podium for the press conference.

The movie icon will be seen in Aditya Chopra’s Rab Ne Bana Di Jodi and Karan Johar’s My Name Is Khan, apart from three home productions from Red Chillies Entertainment. “Since I’m not shooting at the moment, I can devote my time to this show. Finally, I have work,” joked Khan. “At Red Chillies we are also planning an animation film. Barry John taught me that if I can hold a child’s attention, I can be an actor,” said Khan.

Khan watched the original show , Are you Smarter Than a Fifth Grader, with his kids and their friends before deciding on whether he wanted to be part of this venture. “My kids found it fascinating,” he said, and that eventually convinced him to don the quizmaster’s hat yet again. With a self-imposed break from films, Khan has his plate full with cricket and television. “I think I never left television. I began my career with TV and I owe my life to this medium,” he said. He’ll host this show in a classroom environment.

Regarding his recent exploits with cricket, he is smitten with cricketer Sourav Ganguly and has set his heart at getting him on board his most recent purchase — the Kolkata Cricket League. “Sourav will captain my team. Since our team is Kolkata, we must have a signature player and who better than Sourav? Had he not been from Kolkata, even then I would have bid for him just because he is a great player,” he insisted.

Prone to self-congratulation, Khan is disarmingly modest at the same time. “With all humility, I think I am the ambassador of the Indian film industry. Those international awards might have been conferred on me, but they are a reflection of the fact that the world has woken up to Indian cinema,” said a triumphant Khan. Here we go again!

Express India

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin