English French German Spain Italian Dutch Russian Portuguese Japanese Korean Arabic Chinese Simplified

Monday, December 03, 2007

Shah Rukh Khan in capital to promote a new brand of watches

Share This Post

From cars to watches, he can sell it all. So when Shah Rukh Khan descended on Delhi to launch a brand of luxury watches, the city was left yearning for more. CNN-IBN's Iram Mirza caught up with the actor to find out more about his marketing skills and a few controversies.

Nothing can define this man except that he's King Khan of Bollywood. SRK is in the Capital for one of his many endorsements, a watch this time. So this one is also going to add to your ever-growing wardrobe?

This is a Calibre-S Chronograph Link watch. Now when I endorse things, I don't think of them professionally. I think of them very personally because the attachment has been for many years.

Is there anything that Shah Rukh Khan cannot sell?


Well, you'll have to ask the people who make the products. I have never been offered anything outlandish. I think there's a car that's nice, clothes that are good. Also, the kind of job I do as an actor lends itself to lot of eyeballs. So if there are companies that come and tell me, "Okay this is an outlandish thing. We want you to sell a rocket," I'll do it if I am good enough for it.

It's been a great year for you Shah Rukh, there was Chak De! and then Om Shanti Om. Have you started preparing your thank you speeches already?


No, I have a thank you speech for life. It's not been a great year, it's been a great life. I have a thank you speech for people and God who've given me this much and I think at every function when I am called to do so, I take the life out of it and put the year in it.

You recently said in an interview that you are jobless. Is that the reason why we are seeing you more on TV shows? You haven't signed any other film.

On TV shows I went for promotion of Om Shanti Om. We had a tie up. I am not being able to get an interesting idea for a film or a story to tell right now. As soon as I get that, I'd be back to work. It might just take a while.

It's also been a year of controversies - first there was the Manoj Kumar controversy and then the BCCI.

Everyone asked me if I'd go to see a match again. I go to see things which I want to see and when I want to see. So I won't say,"No I won't go," and I won't say, "Yes, I will." When I feel like doing something, I'll do it. It's a personal thing. I love Team India and Pakistan. They are personal friends, some of them. They come home, I go visit them. I like their company.

Watch The Video

CNN-IBN

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin