English French German Spain Italian Dutch Russian Portuguese Japanese Korean Arabic Chinese Simplified

Thursday, December 27, 2007

Shah Rukh Clears the Air on Aamir

Share This Post

All's well between the two big Khans of Bollywood - atleast according to King Khan Shahrukh who on Sunday (December 23) rested all rumours of tiff between him and Aamir Khan and praised Aamir's directorial debut in film 'Taare Zameen Par'.

Aamir Khan and Shahrukh Khan are different from each other for more reasons than one; while Aamir is the reclusive actor, SRK is considered a more 'media savvy' entertainer - Aamir's directorial debut got every critic raving about him, while SRK's film 'Om Shanti Om' is the biggest commercial hit of the year.

And just when the rumours of an apparent clash between the two was buzzing in the industry with the news of both Aamir and Shahrukh replacing each other in their respective upcoming films, it looks like the smoke did not exactly arise out of any real fire.

The industry was abuzz with the news of King Khan replacing Aamir in Mani Ratnam's 'Lajjo' and likewise, Aamir's interest in Shankar's 'Robot' ever since Shahrukh walked out of it got the rumour mills running about their alleged clash. But the King Khan himself has made the clarifications.

"No I am not doing Lajjo - I would not know about Aamir - when he SMSed me I did not ask him, "are you doing Robot?" laughed Shahrukh, adding "But whoever does a film that I am not doing, I am happy because I am not doing it so it doesn't make a difference to me, and I wish them the best. And Aamir is a friend - I always believe Aamir will do it better - I just earn a little bit more money at the box office."

And the Badshah doesn't just end there - he went on raving about Aamir's directorial debut - though ironically he hadn't been able to make it to the premiere of 'Taare' due to ill health.

"I felt very bad because I was very bedridden and Aamir kept on sending me SMSes and wanted the kids to come. I have heard it's really, really, really nice. So I am really wanting to see it - as an actor when one becomes a director, it's very important for other actors to see his film."

Now, that should put the rumours to rest for some time!

TimesNow

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin