English French German Spain Italian Dutch Russian Portuguese Japanese Korean Arabic Chinese Simplified

Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Manoj Kumar might sue SRK

Share This Post

In spite of a public apology, Manoj Kumar says he has been humiliated enough to still consider a legal action against Shah Rukh Khan.

Despite the fact that SRK along with Farah Khan had publicly apologised to Manoj Kumar for having spoofed him in ‘Om Shanti Om’, the veteran actor is still seething with anger.

Kumar was upset with the production team for having shown him in a bad light and not even having been informed about it. However, SRK quickly threw a press conference to apologise and also promised to visit the actor, but according to Manoj Kumar he has not kept his promise.

“Shah Rukh announced that he will be visiting my place. But over the weekend, no one has come home, except some police
personnel, who had stationed themselves outside my house in case he comes.”

Manoj Kumar says he is not demanding a personal apology, “I am not here to beg for anything. If he has committed a crime, he should realise that he has to personally apologise to me. In my 50 years of work, I have never held a press conference or hired a PR person. I have been extremely tolerant, but if someone hits me below the belt, it is unpardonable.” “They have shown in the movie that I have been lathi charged at my premiere. Could Bombay police hit a known star in such a public place? It is like saying that anybody can be Shah Rukh Khan’s imposter and the real SRK can be lathi charged for trying to enter the premiere of his own movie. How can I accept such humiliation?” he says.

“I am not a man of litigation. But if there is no response from that side, I might take some action according to my solicitor’s advice,” Kumar adds.

Shah Rukh Khan was unavailable for comment.

DNAindia.com

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin