English French German Spain Italian Dutch Russian Portuguese Japanese Korean Arabic Chinese Simplified

Friday, November 23, 2007

King Khan 'humbled' on being IFFI chief guest

Share This Post

Panaji (PTI): Bollywood superstar Shahrukh Khan on Friday said he felt "humbled" for being invited here as the chief guest to inaugurate the 38th International Film Festival of India (IFFI).

Khan said he wanted to "learn something" from the works of various critically acclaimed filmmakers participating in the 10-day film extravaganza.

"I am very humbled to be here as chief guest. However, I don't think I have reached that high a position in my life to be eligible for such a huge honour. I would prefer to learn something from the distinguished guests who have come from various parts of the world to showcase their works," Khan told reporters before the inauguration of the IFFI.

The 40-year-old actor said there was a still long way to go in his career, which started in early 1990s, and wanted to work harder to get more success.

"My earlier successes are now behind me and even the recent ones like 'Chak De! India' and 'Om Shanti Om' (which has already crossed one million pound mark in UK and still drawing audiences).

I have lived with my characters like Kabir Khan in Chak De! and Om Prakash Makhija in Om Shanti Om and enjoyed them. But now time has come to work on a new character and portray it successfully," Khan said.

The Hindu

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin