English French German Spain Italian Dutch Russian Portuguese Japanese Korean Arabic Chinese Simplified

Saturday, October 13, 2007

"I am priceless. I don't have a price. I sell myself for everything" - Shah Rukh Khan

Share This Post

Addressing the audience at the summit, Shah Rukh Khan pitched strongly for selling an India in celebration, emphasizing on India as a global entertainment portal.

New Delhi: After political heavyweights held sway on Day one of the Hindustan Times Leadership Summit, on Day two of the event on Saturday, actor Shah Rukh Khan and Karan Johar took centrestage.

Addressing the audience at the summit, Shah Rukh Khan pitched strongly for selling an India in celebration, emphasizing on India as a global entertainment portal.

Adding that films should be formatted to suit international taste, in the same breath, Shah Rukh remarked that Indian films should also have the song-and-dance routines because that was the USP of Indian films.

“The time has come to sell the celebration of the country rather than selling sadness. Acting has no language. I have the potential to make cinema from my country for the world to take notice. But the ban on alcohol and cigarette in celluloid is narrow mindedness,” he said at the event.

The actor made a special note of mentioning the importance of respecting the media, admitting that he is dependent hugely on them. “All we need to do is not be savvy about the media. I think we just have to respect it and continue genuinely working together and I am dependent a lot on the media as a star, individually.”

And what's Shah Rukh’s net worth? “I am priceless. I don't have a price. I sell myself for everything. For endorsements, marriages, dances, birthday parties. The only thing I don't sell myself is for movies that's something I love doing for free,” Shah Rukh quipped at the event.

Admitting that he is extremely competitive, the actor clarified that his competition was very positive.

On a lighter vein, Shah Rukh Khan said looks come in the way of his joining politics. “It is commendable that young people are joining politics but I am too good looking and materialistic to join politics,” he said.

Focussing on India’s growth and development, Shah Rukh said he would like a more educated India.

The superstar also put in a word on the Indo-US nuclear deal that has kept Indian politics on the boil in the past few months. "There is no hurry to push the nuclear deal and even a new US Government can be convinced to go ahead with the Deal,” he said.

The biggest newsmakers of the day have gathered under one platform at the summit in the Capital. Later on Saturday, former governor of Florida and brother of US President, Jeb Bush, Pakistani cricketer-turned-politician Imran Khan and singer and activist, Bob Geldof, are scheduled to speak at the event.

Source: ibnlive.com

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin