English French German Spain Italian Dutch Russian Portuguese Japanese Korean Arabic Chinese Simplified

Friday, September 21, 2007

The Story behind SRK's Perfect Bod

Share This Post

Director Farah Khan's second film Om Shanti Om has been creating quite a buzz even before its release and the six-pack abs that SRK has been flaunting are just adding to the hype. And they were the focus of attention even at the music launch of the film.

“I got so inspired. I treated Shah Rukh just like Ramu treats his heroines like when they are get out of the sea or when the focus is on the rear,” Farah says talking about Shah Rukh's abs in the song Dard-e-disco.
And of course, there's a story behind SRK’s perfect bod.

“I always wanted that before I retire from choreography I should at least do one song that I can have Shah Rukh as an item boy. And we had discussed during Main Hoon Na but then he had a back operation and could not work out. But he promised me if I will ever remove my shirt, it will be for you,” says Farah.

And so the King Khan kept his promise. Shah Rukh may be content with his new image, but when he needs a reality check he goes to none other than his son Aryan.

“My son says ‘now you are not fat’. He thinks I am just about ok and physically fit. But he thinks I can still improve. So, I will keep trying,” SRK says modestly.
He even took three months break to work out for the song and his co-star Deepika Padukone, who is making her debut in the film, spills the beans about his diet.

“When all of us were shooting, we would have lunch and dinner together. We would have biryani, chocolate and ice cream, he would be eating his diet food. So, he has really worked hard,” says Deepika.

The film releases on November 9 and will clash with director Sanjay Leela Bhansali's Saawariya.

The abs will help the film grab more eyeballs.

Somen Mishra, CNN-IBN

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin