English French German Spain Italian Dutch Russian Portuguese Japanese Korean Arabic Chinese Simplified

Tuesday, August 21, 2007

We are happy, and as always: SRK

Share This Post

While directors of Dutt’s yet-to-be-released films are hoping that the seven-day bail will be extended for good, his actor colleagues can’t stop praying.

Said Shah Rukh Khan, “We are happy, and as always, I will pray for the fact that this whole thing that has happened around him keeping justice and jurisdiction in mind. I hope everything else is sorted out for the best.”

Filmmaker Karan Johar recalled with nostalgia his emotional bond with Dutt. “Speaking about Sanju, I always speak emotionally because that’s the only way I can feel about the situation right now. He has been a member of our family . My father has known him very closely for many years and he is and will always remain our sanju baba. I am ecstatic and there is a huge sense of relief,” he said.

Actor Diya Mirza who has acted with Dutt in Lage Raho Munnabhai said she wished the best for the actor. “I am relieved as well and I do hope that this relief remains constant in his life. I do wish him well and hope fpr the best for him,” she said.

On Monday too, Bollywood rallied behind the actor and hailed the SC ruling. “We welcome the SC verdict. The Sanjay Dutt judgement needs to be re-looked into. I am going to cast him in my next film,” said veteran filmmaker Shyam Benegal.

Filmmaker Ashok Pandit said it was an emotionally positive moment for the industry. “He is our family member and we will stand by him,” he said.

Dutt is expected to be released from Yeravada jail on Tuesday after the Supreme Court order granting him bail reaches the prison authorities there.

Satish Mathur, IG Prisons, Maharashtra told PTI that the copy of the apex court order will be routed through the TADA court in Mumbai before it can be handed over.

Under these circumstances, the actor, who has served about three weeks of his six-year rigorous imprisonment sentence slapped by the TADA court in the Mumbai blasts case, is likely to walk out of jail only on Tuesday.

Source: CNN-IBN

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin