English French German Spain Italian Dutch Russian Portuguese Japanese Korean Arabic Chinese Simplified

Wednesday, August 29, 2007

I think CHAK DE! is SRK's best performance till date: Sunil Shetty

Share This Post

An Interview with Sunil Shetty

The mood of the nation is hockey and not cricket, courtesy CHAK DE! INDIA. Even Sunil Shetty, who is a cricket buff, feels so. Sunil, who was recently appointed official brand ambassador for hockey in the country, talks all about it and more.

When did u first learn that you were appointed the brand ambassador for hockey?
I learnt about it about two months back. I had okayed the papers. I have some friends in Bombay Customs who came to me and asked if I wanted to do something for hockey. They said that they had spoken to K P S Gill and he had mentioned that it would be great if I, being a sportsman and an active athlete, would be able to do it.

How do you feel about it?
I am very proud to be associated with hockey which has brought us more national glory than cricket. Except for the World Cup in ’83 and a few heroes like Sachin Tendulkar and Saurav Ganguly, can we talk about anything else in cricket?

You had okayed the papers before CHAK DE! released?
Yes… but I say that the actual brand ambassador of hockey should be Shah Rukh Khan and nobody else. See CHAK DE! And you will know what I am talking.

Did you like CHAK DE!?

I loved it. I messaged Shah Rukh about it. Then I saw it once more. And I liked it even more. I think CHAK DE! is SRK’s best performance till date.

Did SRK reply back?
Yes. He always does. He and I are pretty close.

There is a school of thought that if LAGAAN can go to the Oscars, why not CHAK DE!?
I endorse on that. What a patriotic film, and that without shouting any slogans! I think that the film is also a slap on the cricket selectors that they should start looking beyond their respective states.

Being the hockey brand ambassador, what will you be required to do?
I will certainly have to give time and I am willing to do that. It will require me to travel and be present at the major hockey matches which India plays, shoot a national feel song for them and talk about the game wherever possible. Also, I would invite some of my Bollywood colleagues to come over and be a part of it as and when they can.

Are you aware about the technicalities of hockey?
Look, I have not been appointed as the coach. My job is something else. Like today, my friend Akash Gupta of Air Hostess Academy has agreed to sponsor the forthcoming Glorious Cup between India and Pakistan which begins on September 11.

Source: GlamSham

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin