English French German Spain Italian Dutch Russian Portuguese Japanese Korean Arabic Chinese Simplified

Friday, August 03, 2007

I am 42 and have to look after my body now, King Khan

Share This Post

Its not often that Shah Rukh Khan chats about ordinary, everyday issues, but when he does, people strain their ears to listen. Thats the power of the Badshah.

After a long break, SRK is back in the thick of action, promoting his film Yash Raj's Chak De and shooting for Om Shanti Om . Whats striking to the world at this point is SRK's new lean look and long, unkempt hair.

He is looking visibly fitter and younger by the day. Some say I look good and others feel otherwise. When I look in the mirror, I see myself, good or bad.

My daughter Suhana says that when I don't gel my hair, I look like her! And now my hairstylist is thinking of changing my look, King Khan said in mock exasperation over coffee with BT.

He explained his new avatar, so to say. I was on a vacation for a few months and so I just decided to grow my hair. And my lean look, well, I am working out more than ever now. I have taken up sports big time too, because it keeps me fit.

I have got Aryan and Suhana also into it. I am 42 and have to look after my body now, he said blushing.
Fitter yes, younger and hotter, certainly. Is that how he is planning to change the fate of Indian hockey through Chak De?

Spare me! I don't claim to change the world, the actor smiled, adding, Lets put it this way, I started playing hockey for a few months because I love it. So if people see the film and take to playing hockey like me, well, it'll be good.

Otherwise, no problem. He admits to be an ardent hockey player. I love hockey more than soccer. I have played it but not in big way.

Does he believe that hockey is one of the most neglected games in India? All games in India like kabbaddi, basketball, football, badminton, tennis, squash, and golf are neglected. And we grudge cricket because it is getting more importance than all other games put together.

On the contrary, we must applaud the fact that at least in one game India is doing relatively well, said SRK with conviction. Would he object if his son Aryan takes up hockey? Why Aryan, if my daughter Suhana wants to play hockey, I will be fine with it, he added.

He talked about Sanjay Dutt, the topic of hot discussion in Bollywood. Well, we all feel the same about him. Honestly, I am not exaggerating, but Sanju is one of the nicest guys I have known since I came to the industry.

He helped me immensely in every possible way when I was a newcomer. I owe him, said SRK of his friend, who he says is family to him. Whenever I asked him to come over, he would make a point to drop by for sometime, even if it was late in the night.

I cannot relate to anything bad about Sanjay. I have never seen his aggressive side or his famous temper. He has always been so mild mannered and sweet, its difficult to assume Sanju in any other form.

Destiny has its own plans for him, but we can only keep the faith. God looks after good people. I hope and pray that he gets out of this at the earliest.

Source: Timesofindia

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin