English French German Spain Italian Dutch Russian Portuguese Japanese Korean Arabic Chinese Simplified

Friday, August 10, 2007

King Khan made a surprising appearance at the commentary box on day one of the second India-England cricket Test...

Share This Post

Provocations like the jellybean incident would be there but Indian cricketers should never lose sight of victory because "winning is everything", advises Bollywood star Shah Rukh Khan.

The actor made a surprising appearance at the commentary box on day one of the second India-England cricket Test along with Sunil Gavaskar and shared his interest in various sports.

He had come for the premier of 'Chak De India' in which he plays a hockey coach, Shah Rukh said the players should not settle for anything less than triumph but not at the cost of sportsman spirit.

"I'm a believer in the saying that winning is everything. Do whatever it takes to win. But at the same time, you are a sportsman and you have to be courteous and nice, jellybeans notwithstanding," he quipped.

On a more serious note, he said, "For me, winning silver is losing the gold. But when I say all these things about winning, you also need to keep in mind that when you lose, it only means that your best was not better than the opponents. I don't understand incidents like house burning or stone-pelting."

Shah Rukh said he once faced Kapil Dev and Surinder Amarnath at the national stadium in Delhi.

"I had to wear my thigh pad on my chest as they bowled very fast," he added.

The popular actor also urged youngsters to take up sports of their choice.

"We may not be doing great in all sports but I think every youngster should think 'I'll play'."

Describing himself as a "sportsperson at heart", the actor said, "If there is a team of over-40 players, I would love to be part of that team."

Source: CricketWorldCupLatest

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin